In case you’re wondering, Singapore celebrates Children’s Day on the 1st of October. This has not changed.
However, we acknowledge the efforts made, and the conception of International Children’s Day at the World Conference for the Well-being of Children in Geneva, Switzerland in 1925.
Since December 14, 1954, the United Nations and UNESCO have designated November 20 as the “Universal Children’s Day.” This separate event, on 1st of June, is,
“Observed as a day of worldwide fraternity and understanding between children. It recommended that the Day is to be observed also as a day of activity devoted to promoting the ideals and objectives of the Charter and the welfare of the children of the world.”
For all Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2, and Out of School Care Students
Field trip to the Theatre is tomorrow, the 1st of June 2012, Friday
Please remember to dress your child in:
- Yellow top (T-shirt, dress, polo shirt, etc.
- Covered shoes (No rubber, slingback covered sandals please, e.g. Crocs)
At DEL-care, we care to impart to your child proper etiquette when going to an event, or place, like the theatre.
“Ahoy! Pirates & Treasures!”
That is a great theme, if we may say so ourselves (ahem).
The MENU for dinner is:
Fish Chowder Soup served with shell pasta with fish-shaped biscuits as side dish. This is the same menu even if your child is not participating in the Pajama Party but is on our regular dinner programme.
Do remember that the party ends at 9:30 pm.
WHAT YOUR CHILD SHOULD BRING
- Pajamas – Nightgowns, tops and bottoms, matching set, etc.
- Pillow – Marked with your child’s name. Please bring a pillow your child can live without, just in case it is misplaced during the party and we are unable to return it to you after the event.
- Torchlight – With functional batteries
The date has closed for opting your child out of the party. There is no refund of $20.
May you have a wonderful time of bonding with your spouse or partner. You deserve the time out!
Dear Parents of K1 students,
- Please Remember: Dress your child in a yellow top and covered shoes
- Please Bring: Cap and a water-bottle with a strap
- Optional: Sunblock / sunscreen
~DEL-Care Web Team